Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesdays Gone in the Wind...80% Tough day


The trades of the day were spectacular ones today. I am tracking signals without news, support and resistance or anything but raw signals. Moves like the ones I captured here make me think something else was there besides my signals.

I had only a few moments this morning to watch the market, my simulated trades were most like 1 point net before things came up.

I see a lot of against the trend signals failed on the run up in the afternoon. Since the system can signal reversals so well - it often times gets fooled during trends. Just when you give up on reversals - you get a nice 3 point reversal. I have been tracking signals as is with no thinking on the part of the trader. I am ok with tracking this way and making the system more mechanical than subjective. I will attempt to work on a trend filter though.


55 trades with 44 winners and 11 losers for an 80% win ratio. I call that a tough day. It's still way more than enough to eventually get the NET points needed. Remember a 50/50 trader can make millions with proper trading and I am averaging 75% or better.

No comments:

Post a Comment