Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Good Friday" The Holy Grail of Trading


Today was a historic day for two reasons.
1. We broke the bear low from Nov. 21, 2008 of 739 on the S&P. (bad news for our 401k's)
2. Probably due to that fact, my system generated a new record of 106 signals during normal market hours. That is just incredible.

The real news is that the raw system performed close to 90%.
This is unheard of in systems as far as I know.
Feel free to let me know if you have information otherwise.

94 Winners 12 Losers 106 Trades for a winning percentage of 88.6%.

The bad news is I did not have much time for simutrading today.
The good news is in the 15 minutes I spent trading, I booked 3 trades and 3 winners and walked away ahead of my daily goal. I walked in around 1:30, logged in, saw three signals and took them all like clockwork.

Trade of the Day was the premarket breakdown from 742 through the 739 level. It appears to have kicked off automated program trading. I had sent out emails 1 hour before this trade warning about the 739 level. I had set a short in my trading platform and grabbed 5 points...while I was driving to work. Obviously I would never do that in real life.
This next week will be interesting to see if we can hold this level. I expect record volatility again. We might be near the bottom or we might be ready for a round of new lows.
As always click the chart to see a larger version.


No comments:

Post a Comment