Monday, March 2, 2009

Manic Monday 86% 90W 14L 104T




Another amazing day. The S&P has failed to even think about holding the 739 level and it looks like the market is tanking FARTHER down.

104 tradeable signals today, just amazing. Nearly a new record. Today while simutrading I moved my stops and had added contracts and was stopped out while away from the screen. This left me with a negative $1000 start to my day. Part of this may have been due to switching from Bracket Trader over to Ninja Trader. Bracket Trader gives you instant fills, which I do not think feels real. With Ninja Trader you get delays, multiple price bumps etc. It feels very real and was handicapping me more, which I like. I want the simutrading to be the real deal.

Seeing the -$1000 start as a challenge, I decided to have fun today. I allowed myself to move stops and to add contracts to positions. I was very aggressive buying into tanking moves and selling into huge rallies. On average I was using 2-6 contracts with a max of 10 at times. I would not say I was entirely reckless however. I was slowly adding to the position if price was approaching resistance/support or additional back to back signals were forming.

I traded bad AGAIN missing some nice 4 point continuation moves, but I did snap up a lot of 1 point trades.

On and off all day between working... with a nice lunch break... left me with a net gain of $4337.50. That figures to 86.75 points. 2 points is my daily goal. This is where the uncomfortable silence goes..............................

So for fun let's say I can trade that way with the right account size and I trade 5 days a week. If I can sustain that everyday for a year, that's $1,041,000 net profit.

I am very analytical and a realist. I had never even thought it was possible to make that trading as a retail trader. Once in a while its good to really imagine what could be. This time however, with a full days worth of trades printed into my trading platform, there is not much left to the imagination. This system is working and its only enemy is me the trader.
Yea, I know..."but you can't win everyday". I agree it's the weekly totals that matter, but so far I have never had a losing day. It performs very consistently. The improvements need to made in the trader.




1 comment:

  1. hey mtcx,
    nice blog and good luck in your trading, I hope you'll find the time to pass to real trading.
    also I want to ask you about your indicator, which one is it? if you wanna share this with me.

    thanks and all the best

    ReplyDelete