Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another good week, 65 points. New signal discovered.



Base System: 13W-2L=15T = 84.9%
Summer Camp System: Winner - heat 1 point
New System: 12W-2L = 14T = 85.7%


I had a small amount of time today to trade. I made the most of it while trading a new signal I discovered last night. It is using the same indicators as the base system, so it is easy to follow. I think I had tested this type of signal before, under a different setup. I came back to this idea last night and with some quick backtesting saw that it often gave a signal where the base system does not.

It is a reversal signal, so there are times when you have to either scale in or stop out. It was working well for me and I quickly got over 12 points net and logged out.

Tonight I also revisited the daily and weekly pivots (which I did not use this week) there are a LOT of nice trades off of these levels. Certainly many signals where I would have had a calmer trade since it was using a level. S&R is key to all trading especially on the ES.

Tomorrow I am off, but I plan to avoid the screens if possible and get some fresh air.
This just shows that keeping an open mind and always looking for new signals can work.

Chart of the day shows a clear base system short signal. Have a good holiday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment