Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday: The Big Trade



Base System: 24W-3L=27T= 88.8%
New System: 12W-6L=18T=50% (bad news)
Summer Camp System: Winner


I knew I would not be able to trade at all today after the open, so I forced a trade before the open. The initial signal was weak and I decided to risk by averaging down. I added more contracts near the stop and again near the second stop when I saw a major signal developing. It was a really risky move and I was for 20 contracts. I set targets at .25, .5, .75,1.0,1.25,1.5, 1.75 and 2 points. Within a few minutes it exploded right through all my targets with another few points missed on the top.

21 points in one nervous trade. I really try and find setups like this. It had to be stops getting hit and filling with market orders because the move was so fast.

I logged in later in the day but did not have time and did not see anything compelling. The base system had some nice obvious trades today while the new system went in the crapper.

I hope everyone had a good week. Chart of the day shows the averaging in followed by the targets. Did anyone else get this trade?

No comments:

Post a Comment