Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday: Record Setting 40.25 net points



Base System: 30W-7L=37T= 81% or 16 point -fees
New System: 25W-4L=29T=86.2% or 17 points - fees
Summer Camp System: Winner, no heat


I had a small amount of time to trade this morning. I had fought out about 6 points net, then got into trouble missing a long move that did not happen and averaging down. However, I was not watching the trade and when I checked back we were approaching a support line I had drawn in the previous night base on price action alone. I averaged in big, going for broke with a total of 15 contracts. Of course at that point I had work to do and had to log out for over 15 minutes! My analysis was indeed correct. I got filled target 5 contracts for .25, another 6 contracts for about maybe 3 points then logged back in to close the final four contracts around 4+ points. Again, my best trading because I could not exit too soon!

Not only did I have a support level there, but I got the same perfect high probability signals as the day before, notice the similarity in the market bottoms.
Someday I hope to have the courage and tenacity to hold moves like this.

On a side note: Don Miller had to close down his comment section due to the bickering back and forth over his decision to train people for money. Go figure, here are my thoughts.

1. No good deed goes unpunished and I see what he is doing as a good deed.
2. You can't bad rap most of the training industry and then decide to train again without getting flack.
3. You certainly can't post one week that your trading equity has been flat for months and the next week offer to train people for $1500-$7500 and not expect people to accuse you of gouging people for money to get money coming in.

Frankly, although I am sure part of our styles differ, I would love to take the course if I had the time or money. What put me off was going through the "selection" process. I certainly can't trade live M-F, but I would consider the review room for $1500. Maybe someday if he runs it again. By then I hope to be involved in making real money.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can only admire this - WTG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy. My two best trades ever were when I had to log out due to work or while driving to work and came back to find runners still going.

    Of course if I left a stop that far away we know that I could have lost 40 points too!

    Someday I hope to be able to leave a runner and also grab some off the top with a .5, .75 or 1 point initial target.

    ReplyDelete