Tuesday, March 17, 2009

38W - 9L=47T= 80.9% BuyBuyBuy... On Sale Now


67.47% profitable on all trades with a slight edge on the long side. Poor performance.
+$1137.50 Net profit
+22.75 Net points

I am FEAR. Fear grips my every moment. From fear of missing entries, to fear of stopping out to the fear of breaking even to fear closing my trades early. I am FEAR incarnate.

If your a trader, you understand that all too well. If your not and you think trading is easy...you must also think there is no need for sports coaches and psychologists.

I started the day well and actually added a contract to an open trade when the trade was going MY WAY. This was a first and is a good thing. I was quickly past my daily goal and then I began with the "need to be right", the adding contracts averaging down losing trades and moving my stops and fighting to get even or ahead .25 or .5.

CLEARLY, the system gives an edge to trading. If it did not my terrible trading performance would be showing more losing days. This is a good thing.

I made some real progress today understanding why some signals scrape out 1 point and some go for 5 points. I was unable to capture any of that logic in my profits however. I want to thank Pete at Keystone Trading and Greg Capra at Pristine. Their free seminars got me thinking in a new way about S&R and I came up with an idea that seems to have promise. Sometimes you might not agree with what you hear and you might not use it, but it will inspire you to think outside the box. This is why I never stop listening to seminars and reading books.

I am not surprised that we have rallied again. What perplexes me though is why in the world we rallied right through the prior days high without even a pause? Certainly some buyers (suckers) must have got trapped long at the top the other day? How can there be no sell orders sitting at the top??
If you have insight into this, please comment, because it blurs my understanding of S&R.

At 13:30 today the market collectively bought the 50% FIB retracement of the morning and the rest was history. Skyrocket. I was in there averaging down and caught a nice signal but failed to grab the amazing runner. Chart of the day shows this move. (no the 50% fib is not my system)

No comments:

Post a Comment