Monday, March 23, 2009

48W - 7L = 55T = 87.3% Rally Fest


Base System: 48W - 7L = 55T = 87.3%
Sub System: 15W - 5L = 20T = 75.0%

Trading:
Net: (-$300.00)
Net: -6 points
Accuracy: unknown due to software issues

I usually preach against listening to news, but I have to admit today was a day to have known what was going on. The premarket action already had a HUGE rally showing that Wall Street really does have insider trading happening. I actually do not know what time the news hit - but something was clearly going on way before the open.

I have some personal things going on and had issues with Ninjatrader. Midday I switched back to Bracket Trader and that was a mess. With no mental focus and many distractions I was slaughtered. The system as usual did just fine. I had always read about traders needing to stay away from the market when distracted and I finally got to see why. I had some good trades and should really have been ok, lesson learned. Even though I will have some time tomorrow, I will take the day off. Wednesday I will be unable to view the markets. I will post nightly recaps if I can.

Aside from the usual, I need to begin working on a solid trading plan and STOP moving STOPS. Once I get the plan going if it proves profitable and I can stay disciplined I may be ready to move to real money.

Chart of the day shows some shorts and some longs as signaled on a 1m chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment