Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday 44W 13L 57T=77.1%


I was able to simutrade on and off all day today. On a positive note I ended up 35 points net or $1750.00. I did better at closing losing trades and generally in controlling the urge to add contracts to losing trades. I missed a LOT of profit and traded way too much, but overall made some progress in keeping emotional control.

I think for many traders, myself included, the enemy is the need to be right, the "ego". I read a good book called "Zen In The Markets". It really covers how much the ego stands in the way to becoming a great trader. If you can admit your wrong quickly and honor your stops, it is a great foundation.

I was experimenting with a larger time frame and took some trades using it. The longer time frame signals were 23/23 today, yes, 100% correct. Certainly something to consider.

The new signal did ok today again 9W 3L 12T=75%.
My overall win percentage of the trades was 69.83%, not my personal best.

No comments:

Post a Comment