Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wednesday 68W 25L 93T = 73%


Some tricky short term and longer term trends today leave us closing about the 700 level. It is nice to see we regained some ground after the recent downward spiral.

I had limited time to simutrade today and was very distracted and rushed while doing so. I did manage to play slightly more aggressive and ended up net profit $1950 or 39 points on the S&P 500 Emini future. My goal is 2 points, but I am getting all the practice I can. They were all 1 point or so wins and at times had 2-5 contracts in all or nothing. I capped those trades off with a lot of little 1 contract 1 pointers on perfect signals.

The more exciting stat is that I was 85.48% profitable on all trades and 88.89% on my longs alone. Ninjatrader does a fantastic job of analyzing your P&L and has quite a few reports for this function. For those readers who "think" trading is gambling or are hearing that from family and friends, read those stats to them. This is well calculated risk, not gambling.

I am anxious to see the system if the range ever goes back to 5 points a day. I have traded the system on holidays or near holidays and although boring, it did work.

For the trade of the day I selected a trend resuming signal rather than my ever popular reversal signals. We had a weak head and shoulder pattern forming when the signal occured. This one would have worked with a trailing stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment