Wednesday, April 15, 2009

80.3% Beating the Odds


Base System: 32W - 8L for 40T = 80.3%
Sub System: 14W - 0L for 14T = 100%

Trading Accuracy: 83.33%
Net P&L: +$1222.60
Net Points: +24.45 points

I follow quite a few blogs and I am taking notice that I am more consistent than other traders, some on sim, some for real and some really top notch traders. This is very encouraging. This has all to do with the system I have created and my interpretation of it and nothing to do with my level of experience. When I start trading for real I expect to take small profits from the market at best for a long time before moving up in contracts and being mentally ready. For now this is excellent simulation and training and a good example of what "will be". Negative thoughts aside. I am learning what is too greedy and how much damage can be done but not following my guidelines.

I started out the day -$500 on some bad trades and scale ins. I took a large stop out knowing I would never want to be that far against me in the market in real trading, so I took the full stop out. Yes, you can guess, it came right back and I would have reduced the loss by 75%. But thinking like that will get you killed. After that, another few mistakes like scale ins instead of the reverse buttons left me with a nice challenge to recover from. Today I traded 1 contract mainly in the a.m. and added 1 for 2 total on the afternoon trades. I was using a 2 point stop, a 1 point target then a break even stop and a 1.5 target on the second. This was working extremely well for me and was the first chance for me to see the potential of using just two contracts rather than one. I was even by lunch and proceeded to get in the zone on quite a few trades after that.

It was an aggressive day, but also a very rewarding day with some great trades. Today was a mix of system, market internals and key S&R levels. Chart of the day shows a nice short and shows the bottom picking power of the base system. The subsystem had another 100% day! The signals on the subsystem are not as clean as the base system usually. I do not have the screen real estate to comfortably trade both.

I am going to try and talk myself into not monitoring the markets tomorrow during work. Today was an amazing performance and I have read its best to relax and take a break after such a day. I will post my usual stats after I get home, with the exception of trading stats. Good luck everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment