Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My data and charting is ..... affordable!

I wanted to point out to any newbies that you do not have to spend a ton of money per month to evaluate the markets daily and learn to trade a system.

I use Interactive Brokers Data: $10 per month if not trading.
Quotetracker for charting: $7 a month registered, $0 yes free if you want ads in the top bar.
Ninjatrader and Bracket Trader or order entry (free for simulations)

So right now it costs me $17 a month for all this simulating I am doing.

I hear plenty of complaints about Tradestation and Esignal as far as data speeds and lagging during fast action. Those services cost anywhere from $75 to $200 a month I think.

So for now - although I am sure I have random lag - I can say this combo at $17 a month is fast enough to be beating the big boys on the ES daily. So whatever you may think, it is working more than well enough for $17 a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment