Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday: 92.8% +$1004.20 Time To Trade




Base System: 26W - 2L = 28T = 92.8% Potential
Sub System: 6W - 1L = 7T = 85.7% Potential

As of tonight, I will begin posting my actual P&L statement daily from Ninjatrader. I have been honest with my numbers in the past, but this will provide even more proof or transparency, take your pick.
I have made a point to stick with the basic systems indicator setup for as long as possible. I am fully aware that a person can forever tweak settings searching for a certainty that will never be there in trading. I am confirming I am still leaving those settings alone going forward. I did however trade today by going back to some original settings on other indicators I use. The older settings really seemed to help me today. So the advice is, be somewhat flexible to change, but trade the settings long enough to really try them out.

Today was a quiet day as far as the systems signals. I did manage to trade some system and a lot of S&R and tick trades. I was more disciplined and cut many losers quickly. I never used more than 4 contracts and many times was only using 1 or 2. I missed some great runners because I filled for a 1 point target. Part of the reason for this is I am unsure how to get Ninjatrader to allow me to control each contract on it's own (if I have added one after the initial buy). I guess it's time to check their site for webinars and information.

I will admit to being a bit skittish early in the day after Friday's reckless mess. I was considering closing my DOM for the day when I was up $600 +Net, but with todays uptrend I kept seeing chances to get back in long. We bounced off some nice S&R levels for some nice shorts as well.

Chart of the day shows some back to back action. I caught the long, but was unsure about the short and missed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment