Monday, May 18, 2009

Off Topic: Windows 7 RC1

Just wanted to say I have been running Windows 7, 7000 beta and now 7100 RC1 for quite awhile. It works very well. Windows Vista was indeed better than XP after it got its Service Pack and driver support eventually caught up. Although Vista got a reputation by word of mouth that it was garbage, it is indeed better than XP as far as security, encryption, backup, performance monitoring etc.

Windows 7 has conflicting test results on the net concerning it's speed. I can tell you it runs faster on the same hardware than Vista. I was unable to run Vista sanely on my "Vista Capable" cheapo laptop, but Windows 7 runs decent on it. That was the final proof for me.

Windows 7 is another step up in features and usability. I would not tell anyone to run their only trading machine on it for live trading, but if you want to see where Windows is heading, go download it and load it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment