Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tuesday: 93.1% +$739.60 Lucky One




Base System: 27W-2L=29T= 93.1%
Sub System: 9W-1L=10T = 90%

We obviously had some resistance in the 915-914 level, although I don't see it on my S&R charts - maybe I can analyze that later and figure out what was there.

I had an hour or so this morning to watch the markets, followed by two absentee trades and then three severely handicapped trades. I was up 4-5 points and had to leave the office with a position open. The long trade did indeed go my way and I was lucky enough to have a 1 contract runner waiting for me when I logged back in. I did that one more time later in the day and again had a runner waiting for me.

Much later in the day I tried trading, but the Internet connection where I was at, was painfully slow. We are talking a 1-3 second delay in placing and adjusting orders. I managed a winner or two, but when I missed a trade due to lag, I decided to wrap it up. Imagine trading on a 17" monitor which is then 40% smaller due to logmein, with a delay and no privacy as far as someone catching me trading...talk about handicapping a trader!

Chart of the day shows what I call a no pressure LONG signal. When I see this particular signal I know we are at the bottom and if its not the bottom, the bottom is really close. This was the first trade where I had a runner for 3 points. I really need to get into a position where every trade allows me to try and get a runner. My profits would really go up exponentially. For every two or three that would come back and stop me at +0 or +.25 I would get a trade where I could get 2 points or more on the second contract. The short at the top was perfect but I got scared out! It had not even come close to running my stop, but due to my trading conditions I just did not feel like taking a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment