Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday: Tough but in the Green 90.5%


Base system: 38W - 4L = 42T = 90.5% Potential
Sub System: 9W - 3L = 12T = 75% Potential

Trading Accuracy: 69.23% (see notes)
Net P&L: + $697.60
Net Points: 13.75 points

I opened my DOM this morning to a -$384.60 position that must have been left over from Friday, so that effected my percentages today. I traded that into +$ 313.00 Net. A a total net of +697.60 is posted. As a reminder my posted net P&L always includes losses and fees. The system however had some great overall numbers as always.

It was an awful day for me with too many contracts traded overall for the gain I got. There were many 1 contract trades and a few 2-4 on average. I have been using my own ultra modified $TICK indicator to supplement the system and frontrun and confirm system signals. Although I feel I traded bad today, I can say I am getting really good at seeing underlying market changes. I can often finesse entrys and exits before anyone even sees the move coming. The screen time is really having an effect on me in a good way.

Today I was able to check the screens back and forth between work pretty much all day. I am starting to wonder if this is a good thing. By having other attention grabbing things going on, I am not "overanalyzing" the charts every tick. It is good for teaching me to decide and pull the trigger quickly as well. We had some major resistance in the 897.25 range that we eventually broke through. The bulls are clearly in charge lately. I made most of the points on the long side today, which is a first for me.

Chart of the day shows a new back to back signal I have been seeing - and today like a lot of times its set off a reversal. I caught a little bit of this run up.

No comments:

Post a Comment