Friday, June 19, 2009

Did the grail have a signal today? See the chart.



Base System: 19W-3L=21T= 85.7%
Sub System: 6W-1L=7T= 85.7%
Summer Camp System: Winner - heat 2.75


I traded awful today, no excuses since I was able to focus without issue. I ground out a positive day but it was not pretty. I caught one of my favorite signals from the base system only to realize a few minutes later it was... THE HOLY GRAIL. Sure enough when I checked the price action it was there in perfect form. So as it turns out my favorite system signal can also be the holy grail.

So how accurate was it? See the chart, I don't think anyone could call me a sucker for trying to pick bottoms and tops with this system. Automated trading is a goal, but I am far from understanding how in the world I could code this signal into automation.

I have already figured out how to code it into a paintbar which also could possibly trigger an audio alert. Poor man's automation.

It has taken me this long to realize it's really important at what order these trades win and lose. Get three losers in a row and it becomes fairly hard to recover, especially if your time is limited. I am not discouraged though, I will keep moving forward. This week has been a real gift having discovered another system within my current system. So far the numbers are holding, but I have a LOT of backtesting to do...time to load the old data files.

No comments:

Post a Comment