Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday: The Money Machine - 83.8% +9 points



Base System: 26W-5L=31T = 83.8%
Sub System: 13W - 2L = 15T = 86.8%
Summer Camp System: Winner - Heat .5 point
Price Action System: 10 net points! Trying not to get overexcited


Amazing things are happening right here and now. This base system has performed well for over 7 months and now I might be on the cusp of a semi automated trading system! What is occurring during this simulation period is just amazing.

I was able to Net 9+ points today on a mix of price action and Base System trades. My trading was about 70% and was fairly rough. I am not pleased with my overall trade performance.

Over the weekend I spent quite a bit of time backtesting and crunching numbers on the summer camp system for a friend. It is an interesting premise, but has not proven itself to me quite yet. I had about 38 days of data into my spreadsheet but want to see about 350 trading days before I make a final judgement.

The Money Machine arrived today. Obviously I am using sarcasm there, but my automation system consisting of three types of signals had a point gain of 10 points between midnight and just after the close, minus fees. An amazing first day. The stop is basic and does not trail. I will be trying to optimize the trade management as I go along. I still have one to two more automation ideas to add in, but so far I am optimistic. I backtested many signals and kept those in the 70% range and dropped those in the 50% range.

Chart of the day shows a base system trade where it yet again I picked the exact bottom. Simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment