Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday: Back on the Horse +$637.80



Base System: 43W-11L=54T= 79.6% Sub System: 11W-2L=13T = 84.6%

I blew Ninjatrader up. Because of that massive loss the program stopped letting me trade. Margin call! I loaded Bracket Trader back up and paid dearly for it. I must have closed out 5 trades accidentally while trying to add a contract or move a stop!

A hard fought total on a nice day with a slightly higher number of signals than lately.
I did stretch some stops, but I also managed to kill off some losers quickly. Why is so hard to take a stop when I know the probabilities are with me?

Example: I trade the system near perfectly...
43 winners totaling 43 points (very conservative targets)
11 Losers at a full stop of 2 = 22+ add some slippage etc +4
43-26= 17 points

It is easy to armchair quarterback any system at days end, but I just cannot always take that stop when I know I need to. It's a game of patience, persistence but most importantly discipline. The hardest game on the planet that rarely gets easier no matter how long you do it. Hey, it sounds a lot like work.

Chart of the day shows a great short signal and a really awful long signal in the lunchtime zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment