Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Interesting Realization

Months ago I added an indicator that has been generating decent signals that have been included in the "base systems" numbers since then. More recently I was using another indicator (let's call it A) to confirm the base systems signals. Although I see it has been generating its own signals, I do not always take them.

Tonight I stripped my charts down to nothing but indicator A and it looks really interesting. Very few losing trades in the last few days. The really nice thing about it is the clarity in this simple setup.

I just may take a few days sometime soon and let it rip with this setup only. The base system is great, but this has a clarity all unto it's own that is worth some live testing.

Additionally, I am reading a good book called "Market Masters" by Jake Bernstein. So far it is really driving home to me the fact that the trader is what makes something work and not the system. It explains why I am having such varied results with something that seems to reliable.

He has used his background in psychology to succeed in the markets. It's a fairly old book and who knows if any of these guys ever made money in the markets, but it really making some good points.

Update: Watching the indicator Friday was good. It wins more than loses, but can give many back to back signals and some that even signal 4x but fail. This indicator will stay in place, but I am going to concentrate for now on the "ATM" method discovered June 5th. See June 5th blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment