Wednesday, June 24, 2009

When does +27.25 points not count?



Base System: 34W-5L= 39T= 87.1%
Sub System: 13W -5L=18T= 72.2%
Summer Camp System: Stop out 2x Reverse Even.
Price Action System: 6 points- $300-fees Net $146.40 or three points


I knew I would not have time to watch the markets today. When I saw the premarket run up (which stopped me out twice) I traded to get back even and then placed some long orders below the market. I did this knowing they had a good chance of filling where they were sitting. When I got to work they had filled and hit my profit targets and were still running 3 contracts up at 6 points. I quickly closed them out for my largest trade ever.

Later in the day I faded an emotional run up knowing there was a level that had a good chance of reversing. I hit that with 4 contracts knowing it would drop far if it dropped, but decided to take 1 point because I could not hang around to manage the trade. I was happy with the 1 point and of course it fell like 7 plus points more.

So my most amazing day without me at the pc hardly at all, go figure. That's also why today's total do not count in my book. Chart of the day shows a price action signal. The price action system is a work in progress. I am trying to filter out some trades to reduce fees and filter losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment